Things to See and Do in Vonore, Tennessee
Sequoyah Birthplace Museum
P.O. Box 69, Citico Road
Vonore, TN 37885
- View artifacts from Old Echota, inundated by Tellico Lake, and learn about Sequoyah at the Sequoyah Birthplace Museum
- Experience living history at Fort Loudoun’s annual 18th Trade Faire, the weekend after Memorial Day
- See the McClung Museum’s new Native Peoples exhibit in Knoxville
- Drive scenic backroads to village sites at the Chota and Tanasi Memorials
Great Smoky Mountains
More than half a million acres of beautiful mountains and valleys provide home to one of the most diverse ecosystems anywhere. Now designated an International Biosphere Reserve and World Heritage Site, the park was created by Congress in 1934.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Sugarlands Visitors Center
Hwy 441 Gatlinburg TN
Park Phone Numbers:
- General Park Information: (865) 436-1200
- Backcountry Information: (865) 436-1297
- Backcountry Reservations: (865) 436-1231
- Park Literature: (865) 436-0120
- LeConte Lodge: (865) 429-5704
- Ocoee Scenic Byway
- The Cherohala Skyway
- Contact the Sequoyah Birthplace Museum for information on their events and workshops throughout the year.
The following locally owned and operated shops carry authentic hand-made Cherokee arts and crafts.
- Sequoyah Birthplace Museum Gift Shop